To let go is not to forget, but to remember without any fear. It is a step towards living in the present and learning the lessons. Remember that you are not defined by your mistakes, your pain, your scars, or your past. You are free. You are here.
When we expect life to be a certain way, to be beautiful enough for us, we hide from so many real opportunities… but when we let go of expectations and stop telling ourselves how it should be, we free our minds to deal with the unexpected changes, challenges, and chaos of life in the most efficient way possible. We create space for acceptance, learning and growth. We learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others. We see the world with a different mindset. And gradually we allow ourselves to step forward with more peace of mind.
Here are some important things to know that will convince you to let go of “How life should be”:
1. We often find the things that deserve not just attention but gratitude from us far too trivial. How often do you pause to appreciate the life you live? You should look around and be grateful for your health, your family, your home. Nothing lasts forever.
2. Some of the most powerful moments in life happen when you find the courage to let go of what cannot be changed. Because when you can no longer change a situation, you are challenged to change yourself – to grow, to move forward. And that changes everything.
3. To let go is not to forget, but to remember without fear. It is a step towards living in the present and learning the lessons. Remember that you are not defined by your mistakes, your pain, your scars, or your past. You are free. You are here.
4. Forgive yourself for the bad decisions you made, for the times you did not know what you wanted, for the choices you made that hurt your loved ones. Learn your lessons and move on.
5. Choose to be selective with your energy today. If you can fix a problem, then do not dwell on it. If you cannot, then accept it and change your thoughts.
6. Life is continuous change. You have to accept that things may never be the way they were and that this ending is really a new beginning.
7. Even if you cannot control everything that happens to you, you can control your attitude about what happens. And by doing so, you will gradually master change.
8. Every difficult life situation can be an excuse for hopelessness or, on the contrary, an opportunity for growth – you choose what you want to do with it.
9. In the midst of particularly hard days, when you feel you cannot take it anymore, remind yourself that you have made it through all the hard days so far.
10. Too often we waste precious time waiting for a path of our own to appear, but this will never happen. Paths are made by walking, not waiting. And we forget that there is absolutely nothing in our current circumstances to prevent us from taking steps towards the life we want to live.